Nintendo ha compartido el resumen de sus resultados Financieros de los últimos 6 meses terminando en Septiembre del 2019. Para sorpresa de muchos, la familia de consolas del Nintendo Switch ya logró vender 41.2 millones de unidades alrededor del mundo desde su lanzamiento el Marzo del 2017.
– Net sales: 271.856 million this fiscal quarter; 443.967 million this fiscal year
– Operating income: 66.794 million this fiscal quarter; 94.222 million this fiscal year
– Net profit: 45.414 million this fiscal quarter; 62.018 million this fiscal year
– 2.85 million original Switch units sold in the fiscal quarter; 4.95 million this fiscal year
– 1.95 million Switch Lite units sold this fiscal quarter/year
– 4.8 million overall Switch units sold this fiscal quarter; 6.93 million this fiscal year
– Switch software: 35.87 million this quarter, 58.49 million this fiscal year
– 0.17 million 3DS units sold this fiscal quarter; 0.37 million this fiscal year
– 3DS software: 1.12 million this quarter, 2.6 million this fiscal year
Junto con esto se han compartido algunos “Highlights” importantes para el periodo, mismos que hacen énfasis en el lanzamiento del Nintendo Switch Lite, así como de Fire Emblem: Three Houses para la consola Híbrida de Nintendo:
During the six months ended September 30, 2019, for Nintendo Switch, a new model with extended battery life launched in August, followed in September by Nintendo Switch Lite, a system dedicated to handheld gameplay, which is compact and lightweight, making it easy to take on the go. On the software side, the period saw the release of Super Mario Maker 2 in June, which has sold 3.93 million units, Fire Emblem: Three Houses in July, which has sold 2.29 million units, and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening in September, which has sold 3.13 million units. Sales of popular titles released during previous fiscal years and titles by other software publishers also continued to grow, bringing the total number of million-seller titles during this fiscal year to 11, including the titles of other software publishers. As a result, hardware sales reached 6.93 million units (36.7% increase on a year-on-year basis), and software sales reached 58.49 million units (38.8% increase on a year-on-year basis).
For Nintendo 3DS, hardware sales totaled 0.37 million units (62.9% decrease on a year-on-year basis), while software sales totaled 2.60 million units (58.5% decrease on a year-on-year basis).
Turning to our digital business for dedicated video game platforms, the steady growth in sales of downloadable versions of packaged software and download-only software for Nintendo Switch, as well as the contributions of Nintendo Switch Online, helped to bring overall digital sales to 71.6 billion yen (83.0% increase on a year-on-year basis).
In the mobile business, we released two new game applications: Dr. Mario World in July, and Mario Kart Tour in September. Many consumers also continue to enjoy the titles that were released in previous fiscal years, bringing our mobile, IP related income to 19.9 billion yen (6.4% increase on a year-on-year basis).
In total, sales reached 443.9 billion yen (including overseas sales of 340.8 billion yen, or 76.8% of total sales), and operating profit came to 94.2 billion yen. As a result of foreign exchange losses of 20.5 billion yen and other factors, ordinary profit came to 85.1 billion yen, and profit attributable to owners of parent came to 62.0 billion yen
Fuente: Comunicado de Prensa de Nintendo.