Nintendo ha publicado el resumen de su resultado financiero y a simple vista se puede ver que tanto el Nintendo Switch como el mismo Nintendo van “viento en popa” en cuanto a ventas alrededor del Mundo:
– Net sales in Q1 – 358,106 million yen
– Net sales in Q2 – 411,418 million yen
– Net sales in Q3 – 634,939 million yen
– Total net sales – 1,404,463 billion yen
– Operating income in Q1 – 144,737 million yen
– Operating income in Q2 – 146,687 million yen
– Operating income in Q3 – 229,684 million yen
– Total operating income -521,108 million yen
– Net profit in Q1 – 106,482 million yen
– Net profit in Q2 – 106,641 million yen
– Net profit in Q3 – 163,542 million yen
– Total net profit – 376,665 million yen
– Switch hardware total – 78.87 million million
– Switch software total – 532.34 million
– Switch sales in Q1 – 3.05 million
– Switch sales in Q2 – 5.31 million
– Switch sales in Q3 – 8.41 million
– Total Switch sales for the period – 16.77 million
– Switch Lite sales in Q1 – 2.62 million
– Switch Lite sales in Q2 – 1.55 million
– Switch Lite sales in Q3 – 3.16 million
– Total Switch Lite sales for the period – 7.33 million
– Switch forecast: 26.5 million for hardware, 205.0 million for software
– Smart devices, IP related income, etc. in Q1 – 13.278 million yen
– Smart devices, IP related income, etc. in Q2 – 13.449 million yen
– Smart devices, IP related income, etc. in Q3 – 15.284 million yen
– Total smart devices, IP related income, etc. – 42,011 million yen
During the nine months ended December 31, 2020, the Nintendo Switch business saw continued growth for Paper Mario: The Origami King, released in July and selling 3.05 million units, and Super Mario 3D All-Stars, released in September as part of the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary campaign and selling 8.32 million units. In addition, strong showings were posted for two titles released in October: Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, selling 1.08 million units, and Pikmin 3 Deluxe, selling 1.94 million units. Titles released in previous fiscal years also retained momentum and continued to sell well, making significant contributions as drivers of hardware sales. For example, Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold 19.41 million units (for cumulative sales of 31.18 million units), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sold 8.64 million units (for cumulative sales of 33.41 million units), and Ring Fit Adventure sold 5.95 million units (for cumulative sales of 8.68 million units). Sales of titles from other software publishers also continued to grow steadily. There were 29 titles which sold over one million units for this fiscal year, including titles from other software publishers. As a result of these factors, hardware sales reached 24.10 million units (an increase of 35.8% year-on-year), and software sales reached 176.10 million units (an increase of 43.0% year-on-year).
Turning to our digital business for dedicated video game platforms, sales were strong for downloadable versions of packaged software for Nintendo Switch. Sales also grew for The Crown Tundra, released in October as the second round of add-on content for Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass. In addition, sales of download-only software and Nintendo Switch Online were also steady, helping to bring digital sales to 256.0 billion yen (an increase of 104.9% year-on-year).
For the mobile business, many consumers continue to enjoy playing our mobile applications, and our mobile and IP related income reached 42.0 billion yen (an increase of 13.8% year-on-year).
As a result, net sales reached 1,404.4 billion yen, with overseas sales of 1,089.8 billion yen accounting for 77.6% of the total. Operating profit came to 521.1 billion yen, ordinary profit was 528.2 billion yen, and profit attributable to owners of parent totaled 376.6 billion yen.
For Nintendo Switch, we have Buddy Mission: BOND slated for release in January, and as part of the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary campaign, we plan to release on the same day in February both Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury and Nintendo Switch – Mario Red & Blue Edition, a special edition of the Nintendo Switch system that takes its design inspiration from Mario and comes with a matching carrying case. There is also a rich variety of appealing titles from other software publishers scheduled to be released.
We have revised the financial forecast published on November 5, 2020. For details, please see the Notice of Full-Year Financial Forecast and Dividend Forecast Modifications issued today (February 1, 2021).